Thursday, January 15, 2009

Unforgetable trip to the sitter

Many years ago my mom took me to a gal in the ward for me to be babysat. When she picked me up I looked like this:






Before that time I had maybe chin length straight hair. Now you tell me, what would you have done to the babysitter? My mom? She was very pleasant and I think thought of entering me in a little orphan annie look a like contest!

(oh and by the way, this angelic looking little girl would only smile if 1)she could hold her hands like this and 2)she got to go to the store and get a prize...isn't she sweet)

9 comments:

Linz said...

Oh my heck!! I would have read that sitter the riot act!!! Augh! Good that your mom could stay calm!

And, yes - I am still planning on Addie tomorrow!

EarlGirl said...

She permed you? Isn't that a felony?

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that! My mom says someone cut my niece's bangs and thinks my SIL blames her. She wouldn't have touched her hair! Wow!

MB said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!

There are just no words!! No words!!

Megan said...

You have got to be joking...WHO would do that???

mckellebmassmemo said...

Beneath those curls I can see Easton's smile :) On a side note... I'm glad the snowsuit still fits Cord cuz I didn't want to buy one for a couple of months of snow! We'll pass it onto a gal in the ward who has a 9 month old baby boy. Since they live here they should get a couple months use out of it as well.

Julie said...

Ohhhh you were beautiful!!! I think you should do your hair like that again!!

Janae said...

I would just freak out. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how calm your mom was. I know a gal in our ward whose babysitter cut off all her daughter's curls and flushed them down the toilet to try and hide the evidence. A little scary...

I am glad you survived!
And by the way thank you for the comment on my blog-it made my day. N