Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nothing better

There is nothing better then rocking your baby ( yes she's 2, but still my baby) to sleep. The yummy smell of fresh out of the bath. The rich chocolate eyes that look up at yme with such trust. The little voice that wispers "twinkle" so I will sing to her. I love stopping in the middle of the song so she will fill in the blank, she sounds so cute saying "diamond". I love telling her to close her eyes and she snuggles into me. I love that moment when sleep takes over and I can feel her breathing change. I'm trying to take in each of her features and memorize them, since I know this is a fleeting moment. I use to put her down for a nap without a fuss and time in the chair, but now we read, sing and sleep. It's just about the best time of my day.

2 comments:

Linz said...

You're right. There is nothing better than those sweet, rare moments. Just yesterday I had one of those precious rarities. I got to watch Andrew waking up from his nap. It was soooo cute and sweet to watch. Those are the greatest moments for mommies!!

amber said...

How can our little girls be 2 already? It doesn't seem that long ago that we were both in YW's and pregnant! How quickly this precious time flies.