Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time for anti-aging cream?

Friday afternoon I went shopping with my friend. While she was trying on shirts in the dressing room I sat out in the chairs and held her two month old baby. The baby was dressed from head to toe in pink. A woman, about 50 I would say, came and sat down next to me and asked "boy or girl" Hmmm, I thought, all pink. Whatever. So I told her girl. She then said "well if she wasn't Bald I would be able to tell the difference. Too bad she is Bald" She went on a little bit more about how bald the baby was (as if we had shaved her head or something) She then asked me "so is she yours or is she your GRANDDAUGHTER?" What? Seriously? She thinks that I at 33 look like a grandma? If I weren't already questioning her sanity then I would be really offended. I think perhaps it's time for me to get some anti-aging cream.

6 comments:

Linz said...

Oh man. Some people just don't think. At all! Wow. Don't worry! YOu are beautiful!

Heather Leonard said...

hey, no worries. my first year of college my friend's professor thought i was her stepmother. . . and a guy at walmart last month thought i was pregnant. (i think that's mainly because i was holding a big jug of cranberry juice and he confused pregnancy with a urinary tract infection. i was suffering from neither. . .) old people get crazy!

Anonymous said...

That is nuts! You always look beautiful. I really think people must get to a point where they think they can say anything. My favorite was at church, I was new in the ward and 5 months pregnant. An older sister asked me if I was having twins and when I replied, no, I am only 5 months along she replied; wow you are HUGE, are you sure it's not twins?! As if I wouldn't know!!! Not to mention what expecting woman doesn't love to be told she's huge! Ya gotta love that.
Well, Shell, since I am a makeup artist, officially now-when you come visit I will do a full makeover and we'll make sure you feel like a million bucks- that'll show that crazy lady!
Love ya-N

Valerie said...

Gotta love the OLD CRAZIES!My favorite was right after I had Briggs, someone dropped off dinner (very nice), and I had just gotten out of the shower...I did not look good. And the lady was like, "IS that you?" pointing to my family picture. "Uh...yes" Then she silently looks me up and down and mutters something like, don't worry you will get back...errr something. NICE! Thank you old lady. At least the dinner was good :) And you don't need anti-aging cream, you have great skin!

mckellebmassmemo said...

People are strange! I would love to do lunch, just not sure when to do it. We are going up to SLC on friday and saturday to take the kids to the draper temple. If I don't have a house to move to, maybe we can get together monday? Are you still having modbe party thurs? We are planning on coming so text me the times.

amber said...

I once had an old lady at Arby's think I was my sisters mom! Granted I was pregnant and feeling very ill, no makeup, hair hadn't been touched up in months - my typical first trimester look. (Trina loved it and teased me about it forever) I also had someone ask me if Bella was a boy or a girl and she was wearing a dress and GIANT bow on the top of her head. By the way, I think you look great!