Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dropped off the face of the blogging world

We are back....we had a crazy week and weekend. The kids had 4 soccer games, Easton had kindergarten open house, a field trip to the fire department, Neil had young mens on two nights (they are playing basketball and the regular night) and to top it all off we have been working on the basement. I can't wait to finally have a finished basement. This week the task as been....the bathroom. While Addison napped this week I tried to accomplish a few tasks. Tuesday, during nap time while everyone else is at school, I painted the bathroom in the basement. (for those that don't know we are finishing the basement and the drywall guys we here a few weeks ago) Thursday during nap time I painted on a waterproofer. It goes on pink and dries red. I painted in on the entire shower/tub surround and on the concrete floor. Friday the fun began. Neil and I laid the tile in the the tub surround and on the floor. We got a late start, so at 1 am I crashed and Neil continued on until 2:30. Saturday morning Neil had to get up and go pick up food for the scout food drive. Then when he returned home we grouted the tile. I also painted the dressers for Brooke's room and some of the items that will hang on her walls. All this while entertaining kids and cleaning the basement. Oh yeah...all Friday was spent going through the kids toys and weeding out the junk. The kids were actually quite helpful and got rid of a lot. So now I am back, hopefully! We have another busy week with 5 soccer games this week, Neil out of town on business, and more spring cleaning to do. Luckily my parents are on their way today to come take care of me ! (pictures of the bathroom to come!)

6 comments:

Linz said...

I can't wait to see the bathroom!! Yea!

mckellebmassmemo said...

I know you are busy, but you can't leave me hanging like that (hahaha). Don't you know I check your blog everyday hoping for some news from back home? We will be excited to see the finished product in June! FYI - I know you don't want to make me feel bad about the weather issue, but I'll check back with you in July when we are up to the 80's and you'll be.....? :)

triciarnorton said...

We are just starting the home buying process. Yikes! I will definitely miss a few days of blogging I am sure! But it sounds fun!

Mom of Elder Stimpson said...

My best wishes go to you guys that you guys will have lots of fun in that home improvement project. I will be sure to pass the word to my brother in law that you know somebody in that mission. They probably would be companions!! ha ha.
I will have to learn how to post the pictures on blog part, not on slideshow part. I am going to get my expert to show me how! (Husband)

Shane and Alissa said...

Wow you are super mom I can't believe all the things you can do!

vavavintage said...

what a cute blog! you are definitely amazing! My aunt just started an online boutique with amazing childrens items. Check it out

secretserenity.com

Bye!