Monday, March 3, 2008

paint, paint and more paint

Saturday the dry wall guys were here working on the basement....so far we are almost fully textured in the 3 kids bedrooms and the bathroom. We will do the rest of the basement after we do the backyard. Here is the problem/fun. What colors to paint. Brooke's room is zebra print/pink. Here is what it looks like...



I just want some ideas on how I should paint her room. Should I try to copy the picture? I need input. We have the comforter, round pillow, shams, bedskirt. On one wall i will be copying an idea I got from pottery barn kids. It is along these lines.... big like 5 foot by 5 foot...




any suggestions are appreciated.



Camdens room: Cowboy room, yes he chose the theme after we went to the local rodeo! Am thinking of painting it denim and faux leather. With a chair rail to separate the two. What do you think? Also am doing shelves like this...


I though on the shelves I would put Neil's tractor collection...cause tractors kind of go with cowboys right?!? But I need ideas cause I am afraid the paint treatment will be too dark.


Easton's room..baseball. I started out with the boys both in a baseball room...but only got as far as bedspreads and pictures. Now the boys each will get their own room...so I am finally going to paint. Here is the bedding for the two beds in his room...


I also have two black and white baseball prints for the walls. They are two different prints of kids from the 40's. In one the kids are in front of Yankee stadium and in the other they are actually playing ball and one kid is sliding into home. Great prints! I then have in vinyl on the wall...."don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game" So I just don't know what color to paint the walls. We have to paint in the next few days...starting with Brooke's room.

Bathroom: the texture we are using is called "holey smooth" so basically it means a trowled texture. I need to paint it a base color with a glazed color over top. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks for any ideas you can offer!

3 comments:

MB said...

Brookes room do a top half in the darker pink and lower half in the light pink with a chairrail so she change sheets its not hard later to change out?

The cowboy idea I love!!! Demin/leather. you are so cool!! how will you make it look like that.

I have a hard time seeing all this in my mind tho. Can you take photos of the kids rooms before? I can visualize better??

XOXOXO

Linz said...

Holy cow, girl! Are you ever going to be busy!! I am offering my help anytime you need it (seriously - I am great at cutting in!!)

Anyway - I love the colors in Brook's room! She has great taste! Having all the walls pink might be a bit much, but doing accents are easy and CUTE! Seriously - come over tomorrow and see what we did in the dining room. It might give you some ideas.

Marleen said...

I love that cowboy room idea with the walls. That will be great. I don't have much to offer. I usually end up asking a friend of mine who is an interior designer. Although, I love going to new home builder's models and check out what their designers have done. I have used some ideas from doing that.