Thursday, January 17, 2008

I have come to realize I have issues

I have finally accepted the fact that I do have issues. Here is a great example: right after the 9/11 attacks and everyone got a flag and had one on their car and house and body, etc I couldn't do it. I just couldn't go along with the crowd and suddenly look the part of being patriotic, especially since it was in the in thing to do! I am totally in love with my country and am completely patriotic, but I knew that if I didn't have a flag up before the attacks, I was being dishonest or something because it was the "thing" to do now. I know, issues. Or here is another example: I still haven't read a lick of a Harry Potter book. Everyone was doing it, so naturally I couldn't. I have seen part of the first movie:( Yet again...issues. I am fortunate that my issues to extend to all things...like knowing everyone at church reads scriptures and prayers, but I still can:) And look at me...here I sit blogging! I can' quite find how I choose to jump on the band wagon or not!?! So I am trying to overcome my phobia I guess you could call it. Unfortunately I think I chose the wrong item to experiment with....I stayed up till 1 in the morning reading Twilight! Finished it yesterday in just an evening! Why oh why did I have to choose to read a book that I am now addicted to? When I finished last night I sat contemplating different was I could get the next two books. I had dreams about it all night? I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning because I didn't want to quit dreaming about it :) Then the highlight of it all....when Neil left this morning for work...and I was still in bed in that half sleep half wake state...he came to kiss me good bye...and nuzzled in to my neck and kissed my neck...as if perhaps he knew about Edward! (Maybe you didn't need all that info.) Thanks Lindsey and Valerie, you have created a "monster"

6 comments:

Linz said...

Muahaha! Welcome to the world of obessed Twilightophiles! =D I knew you'd love it! HAHAHA! Oh, you can borrow the 2nd and 3rd volumes, but Amber G has mine right now, so you may have to wait a bit! Sorry!

Ben said...

Silly girl :) Ok, you keep making me add to my booklist. I don't know when I will be able to read. I'm too busy reading your blog!
:)

Shelly

MB North said...

What is Twilight?

AWW so sweet of Niel but whos Edward?? LOL

Your so silly!! No wonder you said today you were up too late. I couldn't imagine what late was in your vocab.. 930?? HAHHAH

EarlGirl said...

I know just what you mean about going along with the crowd. I'm like that too in a lot of ways. You have a great blog!

mckellebmassmemo said...

I'm sorry you have issues, but I'm excited that I can finally read them because we are now connected to the net! I can't believe that you were sucked into twilight. Chelsea has read the whole series at least twice and keeps begging me to read them. When I get time (hahaha) maybe....

MB said...

Im going into withdrawl... 17th last post?? its nearly the 22nd. *pass out* hee hee